The immune systems in small babies need time to adjust to their new environment. They need help as they acclimate to their new world! Many parents have been turning to bottle sterilizers for protection against dangerous microorganisms that can lead to nasty diseases.
Electric bottle sterilizers use steam to kill these dangerous bugs. Let’s keep that baby vomit and diarrhea to a minimum, people!
That’s why there are a huge amount of bottle sterilizers on the market. For the first decision, you have a choice between an electric machine or one that you load with bottles and other baby items, then throw in the microwave.
The goal of both is to create steam which sterilizes the bottles and any other items, such as pacifiers or toys. Some people are suspicious of the health effects of microwaves, but that is something for you to study.
This article is going to cover six of the top electric bottle sterilizers for protecting your munchkin. The way I chose this list was by looking at Amazon reviews and taking the top ones based on their stars on Amazon. I also wanted them to have at least 100 reviews for them to earn those stars.
Just FYI, most of these sterilizers require you to clean the items before you sterilize them. This is like the decontamination phase in a medical setting.
Okay, now heere are the top six electric bottle sterilizers in order of the highest Amazon average stars to the lowest.
The First Years Power of Steam Electric Steam Sterilizer
- 4.4 / 5 stars from 116 reviews on Amazon
- Fits 6 tall bottles
- Steam Tower Technology directs steam inside the bottles for inner sterilization.
- Sterilizes little toys and pacifiers.
- 3.2 lbs. (1.45 kg)
- 9.2 in. x 9.2 in. x 13.8 in. (23.4 cm x 23.4 cm x 35 cm)
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Trays can be removed for air drying of items or to fit larger bottles.
Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer Plus Version
- 4.1 / 5 stars out of 218 Amazon customer reviews
- 4 in 1 sterilzer: steam sterilization, storage, drying with hot air, and one button descaling.
- Items are sterilized and dry after one hour.
- One button push cycle start.
- Made with FDA food grade materials
- Can hold eight bottles at a time.
- Ability to include bottle parts, pump parts, pacifiers, kids dinnerware, etc.
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterilizer
- 4 / 5 stars on Amazon from 348 reviews
- Weight: 4.5 lbs. (2.04 kg)
- Dimensions: 9.2 in. x 11.7 in. x 11.8 in. (23.4 cm x 29.7 cm x 30 cm)
- Runs on electricity, no microwaving
- Sterilizes 5 bottles in a 5 minute cycle.
- One button cycle start
- No chemicals
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria found in the household
- Design allows it to fit in the kitchen corner.
Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
- 4 / 5 stars from 1,549 reviews on amazon
- 3 in 1 means you can customize the size of the machine in 3 configurations, which allows for fitting a variety of bottles, pumps and accessories.
- sterilizes 99.9 % of house bacteria in 6 minutes.
- Sterilizer will not work for 10 minutes (cool down period).
- Bottles will stay sterile for 24 hours if lid stays closed.
Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer
- 3.8 / 5 stars from 137 reviews on Amazon
- Automatic shutoff switch at end of cycle
- Tray design allows the steam to directly enter the bottles.
- Built in holder for pacifiers, nipples, and bottle parts.
- Includes tongs and a measuring cup.
Munchkin Steam Guard Electric Sterilizer
- 3.8 / 5 stars out of 398 Amazon reviews
- It is able to sterilize nine bottles and accessories at once.
- One button push cleaning cycle.
- Heat resistant handle and tongs to prevent burns.
- Quick six minute sterilizer cycle.
- Works to sterilize: nipples, small toys, pacifiers, teethers, and breast pump accessories.
I hope this compilation of baby product sterilizers helps you in your search. You are probably tired and stressed with a baby, so I’ll just the top three are very similar.
Electric steam sterilizers are a great way to protect your new baby from a host of dangerous microorganisms. I hope this helps you to decide on one.
Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom if you have any experiences with any of these bottle sterilizers. Thanks for reading! Have a good one.