Tuttnauer’s 2340M is their manually operated, table top steam sterilizer with a 9 inch diameter chamber. The newest version of this autoclave has a white front and a blue panel on the right, like in the picture.
Manual sterilizers are run by turning dials on the front of the autoclave. There is also a 2340MK version, which seems to be discontinued because I’ve only seen old looking ones and the manual on Tuttnauer’s site only shows a 2540MK now. The “M” stands for manual and the “K” makes it a Kwiklave, so it is faster.
Looking for the service manual? You can find it here. This steam sterilizer is designed to supplement a medical facility and is great for surgical clinics, dentists’ offices, tattoo offices, and any other shop that needs to sterilize a large amount of gear.
Similar Autoclaves to the 2340M
- Midmark M9 automatic: Same chamber size sterilizer from the Midmark corporation, but an automatic (one button push) machine.
- Tuttnauer 1730 Valueklave: This is a slightly smaller manual sterilizer and a great selling budget machine.
- Tuttnauer EZ9 and EZ10: These autoclave machines are similar in size to the 2340, but are automatic, computer run. That means instead of being operated by dials, it is a one button push. The automated sterilizers are always more expensive because their computer components are always more complicated.
Dimensions and Specs
- Weight: 85 lbs. (39 kg.)
- Total dimensions: 21.5 in. x 20 in. x 14.4 in. (54.5 cm x 51.0 cm x 36.5 cm)
- Chamber size: 9 in. x 18 in. (23.0 cm x 47.0 cm)
- Chamber volume: 5 gal. (19 Liters)
- Standard cassettes: 2 full and 2 half
- Number of trays: 3
- Tray dimensions: 16.3 in x 6.7 in x 0.8 in (41.5 cm x 17.0 cm x 2.0 cm)
- Unwrapped cycle time: 27 min. (cold start), 13 min. (hot start)
- Voltage: 120V, Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power: 1400W, Current: 12A
Features of the 2340M Sterilizer
- New bright panel
- Pressure gauge
- 1 year warranty on parts and labor (new machines, check your vendor)
- Has the needed international certifications
- Machine is protected by overheating with a dual safety thermostat
- Water drain is at front of machine for quick draining of the reservoir.
- Door is prevented from opening when the chamber is pressurized with a dual safety lock.
- The autoclave shuts off automatically after sterilization cycle and drying cycle.
- Inner part of door and chamber are electro polished for long life.
So, to summarize, Tuttnauer has been a leader in quality and durable steam sterilizers for decades. The 2340M model is a good medium size compared to others. It is also a great value that will deliver safe infection and disease control for your business.