Tuttnauer’s Elara 11 steam sterilizer is a newly designed, automated machine. It is a pre-vacuum and post-vacuum Class B sterilizer, meaning it adheres to the European EN 13060 standards for the instruments that it’s able to run.
The Elara is also integrated with a host of electronic data features, some optional. First, here are some quick links to help your research:
- The short brochure is here for you doing shopping research.
- You can find the user manual right here.
I wanted to add this detailed product overview video from Tuttnauer’s Youtube Channel:
Offices Where the Elara 11 is Most Useful
Tuttnauer describes this as mainly a “clinic” sterilizer. It is meant to be run continuously throughout the day in surgical clinics, dental clinics, and veterinary clinics. It is a pre-vac and post-vac workhorse, in other words. There is no wait time between cycles (of the 11D) because of its unique steam internals. I’ll talk about this after the “features” section.
Sizes and Specs for the Tuttnauer Elara 11
- Standard pouch capacity: 24
- Number of trays: 6
- Chamber volume: 7.5 gal.
- Chamber is made of 316L Stainless Steel
- Electrical: 230V, 50/60Hz, 2200W, 10A
Features of this Tuttnauer Class B Sterilizer
- Five preset programs. Two are test cycles. Customize up to 20 programs for special needs.
- Separate reservoirs for clean water and waste water provides clean steam for each cycle.
- Waste reservoir is at the back of the machine.
- Has an energy saving sleep mode.
- Ability to fill with clean water from the top or front.
- Chamber and inner part of sterilizer door are mirror polished to resist corrosion.
- Automated shutoff keeps the chamber and load from overheating.
- Digital alert and visual alert for low clean water prevents cycle from running and damaging the autoclave.
- Visual and audio alert when a cycle does not properly run.
- Alert for when waste water needs to be emptied.
- Automatic monitor of water quality. Alerts you when water is not clean to prevent damage from minerals.
- Multiple colored LCD display for easy viewing of cycle info.
- 26 different languages are supported on the screen.
- Warranty is one year parts and labor from Tuttnauer and 10 years for the inner chamber.
- Newly designed “EZGlide” door has a double locking mechanism. It is a simple push close without any external latching.
What Makes the Elara 11 Unique?
Internal Steam Generator: The unique internal steam component of the Tuttnauer Elara 11D allows it to constantly run sterilization cycles. Steam is produced by the generator constantly. There is no waiting between autoclave cycles, which makes this a good choice for busy clinics of all types.
High Volume Vacuum Pump: Removes all air pockets pre-vac so steam can fully penetrate all the gear to be sterilized. The same pump is used post sterilization to assist with instrument drying. This is especially efficient for wrapped instruments.
Electronic Monitoring: The Elara 11 sterilizer can communicate through a local area network computer. Its network port is on the rear. You can also download the info from 200 sterilization cycles onto a USB drive. There is also a thermal printer that is built-in for paper documentation.
(Optional) Remote PC Reporting (R.PC.R.): Allows you to track the cycle history from a connected computer. It will track all the parameters, allow you to graph the history, and export it to a PDF file.
Tuttnauer Elara 11D vs 11I
So, everything is the same with the two models in terms of sizes and features of these autoclaves, plus whatever extras are purchased. The only difference is in the steam generation of the machines. The Elara 11D comes with the built in steam generator described above. It is going to have a constant supply of steam for the cycles to be run back to back.
The Tuttnauer Elara 11I creates steam in the chamber. It does NOT have the special steam generator and will require more heating time between loads. Both versions are still considered “Class B”, though. this is because they can run similar types of instruments.
That’s about it for this high tech, Class B autoclave. It is best for busy medical and dental clinics who turn over a ton of instruments every day. Most of the features are not needed for smaller offices.
Have a good one.